Sunday, August 27, 2006

What's a roadtrip without a flat tire

Indiana doesn't like us. We pulled over for our regular 200 mile gas fillup and when I walked to the front of the truck Iheard a hissing sound. My first fear was that we were overheating. It turned out we were leaking air from the tire valve stem. We have a spare no big deal right ? Wrong ! It took us 30 minutes to figure out where the darn Jack and tire iron were hidden in the truck. Then the tire iron won't fit on to remove the aftermarket hub caps so we ripped it off. Finally get the tire changed and go into Hardees for some breakfast. There only serving microwaved burgers so we skipped that. Tried to get and ice cream out of the vending machine. It was out of order. Then we missed the on ramp to I 80. Spent 1/2 hour driving in circles trying to get back to the highway. Chalk it up to lack of sleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

steve give me a call when you get a chance, I missed your call sat and my phone did not catch your number for a return call.home # 410-836-1690...george

Anonymous said...

You know what it is? Is bad karma for hording an obviously new chicken recipe, that's what it is . . . .

Anonymous said...

I think my luck rubbed off on you.

Anonymous said...

I believe the great Steve Miller said: "You've got to go through Hell before you get to Heaven". Here's hoping the Heavan waiting for you lies in Reno.. Good luck and congrats on New Holland

- Jason, 3 Eyz BBQ

Anonymous said...

Look for me flying over your head tomorrow. Good news, they have an extensive Tequila collection at the hotel.