Thursday, August 24, 2006

And So it Begins

I'll be leaving my home in Massachusetts tonight to set out on a bbq adventure. The first part in the adventure will take me to New Holland Pennsylvania to compete in the New Holland Summerfest bbq competition. My Father and I are the defending champs at this event. I'm really looking forward to seeing some old friends I haven't seen in some time.

The next part of my adventure will begin immediately after the brisket category in New Holland. I'll hop in to a truck with Jack McDavid of Food Channel fame and Jim Boggs and together we'll make a 2300 mile trek to Reno Nevada to compete in the OLN television special which will air sometime in October.

I'll share with you my experiences on this adventure or misadventure, only time will tell.

Time to google some directions

Steve

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are driving!?!!?? While you manly men are hittin the road Hillard, Chris and I will be flying the friendly skys to Reno. But first, see you and your dad in NH. I hope Rich brings enough cheesesteaks for everybody.

Curt McAdams said...

Good luck at both events, and I'll look forward to watching you on my big screen this fall!

Great way to document your trip, and I hope you don't get any judges from Pittsburgh in New Holland...

Ross said...

You guys are driving!?!!?? While you manly men are hittin the road Hillard, Chris and I will be flying the friendly skys to Reno. But first, see you and your dad in NH. I hope Rich brings enough cheesesteaks for everybody.