Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Today is the Big Meet and Greet

We're headed down to the filming location to meet with all the cooks competing in the competition. It's going to be a real whose who of BBQ. Mike Davis, Johnny Trigg, Joe Davidson, Myron Mixon, Byron Chism, Ray Lampe, Jack McDavid, and a whole bunch of other bigtime bbq names. It will be exciting just being in the same place with all of these great cooks. Imagine having the opportunity to competes against them. I'm getting real excited and I can't wait for the challenge to begin.

I'll keep you posted and let you know what it's like behind the scenes of the television production. I'm told there are 100 people on the production staff. That's a heck of allot of people to produce just a little old bbq special. The staff members we have met so far have been great and I'm really looking forward to working with them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Steve!

Remember the chicken tips I gave you, I hope they come in handy.

Dan
3EyzBBQ

Anonymous said...

Steve, take a lot of pictures. Have fun and good luck.

Anonymous said...

just me hope your having a great time
keep in touch and good luck

Backyard Chef said...

Oh to be a fly on the...uh, cooker. Good luck!