Thursday, September 13, 2007

On my way to Pine Bluff Arkansas

Yeah I know it's been awhile... But hey you know sometimes life gets in the way(that and laziness). I'm headed to Pine Bluff Arkansas to cook in the Smoke On the Water BBQ Championship. There is $50,000 in prize money and over 100 teams competing. Most if not all of the top teams in the country will be there. I'm looking forward to see how my food stacks up against theirs.

Charlie, Carlotta and Carmen left on Monday afternoon to drive the gear down and the last I heard from them they were at BB Kings in Memphis Tennessee having a grand ole time. That's less than 200 miles from the contest site so things are looking good. I have a 4:00pm flight and if the weather doesn't get in the way I will land in Little Rock around 10:00pm. We'll all get a restful nights sleep at the Marriott and head to Pine Bluff in the morning.

I have my camera and batteries and laptop and I'll do my best to keep you posted on what's going on. Wish us luck.

Steve
I Smell Smoke !!!

1 comment:

Ted Lorson said...

Best of luck to you and the team Steve!