In an attempt to revive this blog and the pleasure of trying new cooking techniques I've decided to join a blog challenge called CharcutePalooza. The Challenge is hosted by Mrs Wheelbarrow and the Yummy Mummy. The rules or Ruhls of the challenge as they like to call them are:
- Let’s celebrate the age-old talents and skills of charcuterie with contemporary takes on techniques, flavors and presentation.
- Let’s agree to use humanely raised meat, sourced as close to home as possible.
- Let’s write about our experiences. Not just how the charcuterie is made, but how we use it, serve it, flavor it.
- Buy a copy of ‘Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing’ by Michael Ruhlman.
- Cook along as often as practical. There’s no obligation.
- Post about your experiences on the 15th of the month.